Due to popular request (“security” was the #1 ranked topic in our recent member poll), Geoff Myers of SimDex LLC will be presenting a general overview of WordPress security best practices to help you prevent your site from being hacked, attacked, infected, compromised, or otherwise negatively affected by third parties, human or bot.
Subtopics of this presentation will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Apache / Nginx configuration (web server / host)
- Automatic backups (best practice)
- Automatic updates (best practice)
- CloudFlare (service / CDN)
- iThemes Security (plugin)
- PHP configuration (web server / host)
- Recovering after a hack (post-hack cleanup)
- StatusCake (uptime monitoring service)
- Sucuri (service / plugin)
- Uptime Robot (uptime monitoring service)
- Wordfence (plugin)
- And more!