Introductory WordPress Training + Resources
Divi Theme Training + Resources
X Theme Training + Resources
Slider Revolution Training + Resources
Gravity Forms Training + Resources
WooCommerce Training + Resources
Google Analytics Training + Resources
BirchPress Training + Resources
How To: WordPress Backups
- Log in to your WordPress administrator dashboard (wp-admin).
- Go to UpdraftPlus → Current Status / Backup Now in the black toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click the blue “Backup Now” button to begin the backup process.
- Click the white “Backup Now” button to confirm settings (all boxes should be checked).
- Wait for the backup archive to be generated (it will show up at the top of the Existing Backups list when it’s done).
How To: WordPress Updates
- Log in to your WordPress administrator control panel (wp-admin).
- Generate and download a Complete Backup before installing any updates (see “How To: WordPress Backups”).
- Go to Dashboard → Updates in the left sidebar near the top.
- If there is a WordPress update available, click the “Update Now” button and wait for it to complete the update.
- If there are WordPress plugin updates available, click the checkbox in the header row of the plugins list to select all plugins.
- Click “Update Plugins” to update all plugins and wait for all updates to be completed.
- Double-check your site to make sure everything still looks and functions correctly.